Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Personal Note

It's been a woefully long time since Public Parapsychology has been updated, but rest assured that I have not given up on this space. It's just that the last few weeks have been exorbitantly busy.

The big news is that I am getting married this spring. My fiance and I have been engaged for sometime, but we're finally planning our wedding. We found a beautiful location in downtown Columbus on the banks of the Scioto river. Making wedding plans is one sure way to lose blogging time, but I'm excited to be doing it. Those of you who know me and my partner know that our big day is way past due.

The other big news is that I have a new part-time job. I've been appointed the executive secretary/business manager of the Parapsychological Association. I will officially take up the post in September, but will be sharing responsibilities with the current executive secretary for the remainder of the summer. This means that I will most definitely be at the joint PA/SPR conference in Winchester, England this August.

I am very excited to be planning my first trip to Europe, and will be enjoying some vacation time in England and the Netherlands when the conference is over. I'm not going to make the same mistake that I made last year in Halifax by not enjoying some down time while visiting a beautiful new location.

Last, but not least, I'm being interviewed during a live internet podcast this Friday night at 8pm eastern by the folks at Paranexus.org. We'll be discussing my research on haunting experiences, Public Parapsychology, and the latest trends in parapsychological research. You'll be able to call in with your questions. If you can't join us live, the interview will still be available for download in the archives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Annalisa!